1.______ there is going to be a policy change ______ of those things is going to change.
A. Unless; few B. Until; few C. Unless; none D. Until; none
2.China won't be a fast-growing but fragile country. It has to develop it's military strength in order to make any power think twice ______trying to offend China's key interests.
A. before B. when C. while D. until
3. Some people create jobs, foster excitement and basically make the system work. They see possibilities ______ others see only problems.
A. that B. what C. which D. where
4. —What a terrible mistake! I'm finished!
—Don't lose heart! Get up ______ you fell.
A.where B.when C.unless D.until
5. I think you should complain— ______, of course, you are happy with the way things are.
A.if B.unless C.as D.because
6. ______ you call me to say you’re not attending my birthday party, I’ll see you at it.
A.Whether B.Though C.Until D.Unless
7. — Peter told me he wanted to come with us. Is it OK for you?
— I don’t mind ______ he pays for his meals.
A. as far as B. as well as C. as long as D. as soon as
8. You are certain to live your dream ______ you make great efforts and lay emphasis on improvements in efficiency.
A. on condition that B. as far as C. even though D. in case
9. Problems relating to people’s livelihood(民生)have been the focus of the govemment，especially ______ Premiel Wen Jiabao included them in his governmentwork report last year.
A.when B.if C.since D.until
10.一I’m going to the post office.
一 ______ you’re there，Can you get me some stamps?
A.As B.While C. Because D.If
11.一Shall we go out for a walk?一I’m afraid not.We can’t go out ______ our work is being done.
A.before B.until C.as D.after
12. These examples show that all individuals,______ they are rich or poor, should be responsible ______ they are involved in law.
A.if; when B.if; as long as C.whether; as long as D.whether; since
13.—Though it is 30 years we last met, I still remember the scene ______ we got separated on a rainy day.
A.before; where B.before; which C.since; when D.since; where
14. Never believe anything ______ any other person has believed it. Use your own head.
A.that B.when C.because D.once
15.______，I have to put i t away and focus my attention on study this week.
A.However the novel is amusing B.No matter amusing the story is
C.However amusing the story is D.No matter how the story is amusing
16. The UN officials say it could be many weeks and even months ______ a deal is reached.
A.before B.after C.when D.as
17.What an unforgettable experience!I’11 write down ______ it is still fresh in my memory.
A.since B.after C.while D.until
18. ______ I catch a cold, I have pain in my back.
A.Every time B.ThoughC.Even D.Where
19.一Do you think the weather will be all right this summer?
—No, ______ we’re lucky. The newspaper says it’ll be very hot anyway.
A. if B. though C. unless D. as
20. We felt excited so much ______ we saw the Status of Liberty in America last year.
A.mat B.which C.when D.while