54.____ by the look on her face, she didn’t catch what I meant.
A. Judging B. Judged C. Judge D. To judge
【答案】B 本题考查固定用法：judging by根据……判断。
55. “Good-bye, Miss Liu. I’m very pleased ___.”
A. to meet you B. to have met you C. meeting you D. having met you
【答案】B 在告别时，应该说“I’m pleased meeting you.或I’m pleased to have met you.很高兴(已经)见到你。其中I’m pleased to have met you.更常见，两种形式同为备选项时，优先选择完成形式。在见面时则应该说I’m please to meet you.很高兴(要)见到你。另外固定搭配be pleased with sth：“对……感到满意”。
56. Let’s buy our tickets while I still have ___.
A. a little money to leave B. little money left
C. a few dollars left D. few dollars to leave
【答案】C。B项和D项中的little和few均为否定含义，与句意不符，排除。C项为have sth. left用法，意思是：“还剩下……”。这里have a few dollars left的意思是“还剩下几个美元”，left的过去分词是leave，它的宾语是前面的a few dollars。句意为：我们买票吧，尽管我们这只剩几美元了。while：尽管。
57. We shall ask for samples ___ and then we can make our decision.
A. to be sent B. being sent C. to sent D. to have been sent
89. With the old man ___ way, we had no trouble in finding that mysterious cave.
A. leading B. led C. lead D. to be led
【答案】A。介词with可以跟复合宾语。表示伴随的情况和结果。stand with one’s hands in one’s pockets.两手插在口袋里站着。The king came in, with all his servants following after him.国王回来了，后面跟着全体仆役。There had been a riot with twenty injured.曾经发生了一场有20人受伤的暴乱。
90. With the bridge ____, there was nothing for it but to swim.
92. Standing on the bank, the children watched the ship ___ with all kinds of goods.
A. loading B. being loaded C. to be loaded D. having loaded
【答案】B。本句为现在分词的被动做watch 的宾语补足语。因为宾语和宾补是动宾关系，而且表示动作正在进行，所以用现在分词的被动式;watch 也可以跟无to不定式做宾补，表示动作已经结束。Do you hear someone calling you? 你听见有人叫你吗?(现在分词做宾补，表示动作正在进行。)Yes, I did. I heard him call me several times.是的，我听见他叫了我几次了。(不定式做宾补，表示动作已经结束)。
93. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see _______ the next year.
A. carried out B. carrying out C. carry out D. to carry out
【答案】A。经理们讨论了那个他们希望明年被执行的计划。See sth. done看到某事被做。
94. A cook will be immediately fired if he is found _______ in the kitchen.