6. Nowhere else in the world ___ more attractive scenery than is Switzerland.
A. you can find B. is found C. can you find D. has been found
【答案】C。否定词nowhere放在句首，句子倒装：否定词+助动词(be动词)+主语。常放在句首的否定词有：nowhere (没有地方)，never(从不)，hardly, scarcely(几乎不)，little(几乎没有)等。Barely does he have enough money to live on.他几乎没有足够的钱为生。Little did I think that I would lose the game.我根本没有想到我会输掉这场比赛。
7. No sooner had they got the goods covered up ___ it started raining hard.
A. when B. than C. then D. after
【答案】B。no sooner…..than…一…就…;hardly…when…一…;就…;scarcely…when…一…就…。No sooner had I lain down than the telephone rang.我刚躺下，电话铃就响了。Scarcely had the baby cried when the nurse rushed to carry him. 婴儿一哭保姆就赶快去抱他。本句的意思是：“他们刚把货物盖好，就开始下雨了。”
8. Never in my wildest dreams _______these people are living in such poor conditions.
A. I could imagine B. could I imagine
C. I couldn't imagine D. couldn't I imagine
【答案】B Never 句首，句子倒装。我从没想到过人们生活在如此差的环境中。
9. Not always ___ they want to.
A. people can do what B. people cannot do what
C. can people do what D. can’t people do what
【答案】C。否定词放在句首，句子倒装。否定词+助动词 或(be)动词+主语。常用的否定词有：barely, hardly, scarcely, not, never, little 等。Barely does he have enough money to live on.他几乎没有足够的钱为生。Little did I think that I would lose the game.我根本没有想到我会输掉这场比赛。
10. In no case _____ the students from exploring new ideas.
A. we should prevent B. we could prevent C. should we prevent D. shouldn’t prevent
【答案】C “in no case”否定副词开头句子要倒装，又根据句意排除A B D.
11. Only recently _____ to deal with the environmental problems.
A. something has done B. has something done
C. has something been done D. something has been done
【答案】C 本题考查倒装句的用法。Only+副词或状语放在句首，句子倒装。如：Only in this way can we work out the politics problem只有用这种方法，我们才能解出这道物理题来。本句的意思是：“只是在最近才在环境保护方面采取了些措施。”
12. Only when you have acquired a good knowledge of grammar ____ fluently.
A. you will write B. can you write C. you can write D. you could write
13. ____did he realize that he had made a mistake.
A. Upon entering the classroom B. Only after entering the classroom
C. After he had entered the classroom D. As soon as he entered the classroom
14. Only when David did it a second time ____.
A. he realized his mistake B. he was realizing his mistake
C. did he realize his mistake D. he did realize his mistake
15. I failed in the final examination last term and only then ________ the importance of studies.
A. I realized B. I had realized C. had I realized D. did I realize
16. So little ___ about stock exchange that the lecture was completely beyond me.
A. did I know B. I had known C. I knew D. was I known